Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, November 14, 2011

Toasty


Southwest Tofu/Black Bean/Corn Burritos

1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic pressed
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 block of tofu (pressed and cubed)
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis (undrained)
1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 packet of taco seasoning
whole grain tortilla shells
fresh spinach

Add onion and garlic to heated oil. Cook until onion is tender. Add tofu and all spices. Cook for 3 minutes. Add corn, beans, tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve on tortillas with spinach. Serves 6.


However miniscule...I sewed. It's getting colder and all of our floors are hard (wood and tile) which means you have to put something on your feet. A couple of years back, I made my man some fleece socks (1 pair) and I have to sneak them from him to get them washed. He's always wearing them. Clearly, we all need fleece socks. Multiple Pairs.

I had a piece of fleece and this is my first attempt at some socks for Jac. I used the Green Pepper pattern, size "youth large". I suppose it goes without saying I should have ventured up to the adult sizes, because his feet are bigger than mine.

He already has an order in for another pair, but next time "make them bigger". Judging by the fact he won't take them off and he's busy running and sliding across our tiled floors, I'm guessing these will work for now.