Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday

'Tis ridiculously gorgeous outside.


See this tree? I love this tree. It came from a sprout off of someone else's tree. It's been a long wait, but she's finally grown into a thing of beauty. I'm going to have to start some more of them next spring when the seedlings start emerging.




I'm not a huge fan of fall. I'm more in favor of spring. But there's something so fun about playing in the leaves. Today is weekend #2 of playing with leaves. Leaf playing generally goes on for a long time around here. Typically, the fun wears off and I pretend they aren't out there. Isn't it weird I have four maples and they all lose their leaves at different times? At any rate, we use all these leaves for mulching my gardens. It's a process.


The book fair...you never know what you will find. These will go on the shelf immediately. Alicia will be so thrilled. Maybe. Maybe not. ;-)


And then there were these. She really will be thrilled with these, I think. I almost didn't get them, but then I remembered some conversation about her getting a hope chest. (See...we do have some things in common? Girly has some ideas about being domestic and she's thinking about collecting pretty things for that someday home of her own.) Wouldn't it be awesome if I built her a hope chest for Christmas? (Mine was a Christmas gift when I was a teen.) So now studying all the plans on Ana White's site...trying to see which one I could reasonably modify into a hope chest.

If you don't know about Ana White, you are totally missing out.