Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, November 17, 2011

If the beautiful days (from a couple ago) have disappeared, the weekend must be coming.

It's suddenly cold outside. What happened to those 70 degree days? The ones that happen when I'm at work.

Capturing a colder evening than I'd like it to be:








Wishing his wrestling shoes still fit (primarily, because he hates shopping and I can't really buy a new pair without dragging him into the store). The only person they fit in this house is me. And as much fun as I think it would be (and I've suggested it), it doesn't seem any of the other moms are up for an exhibition match with me. What gives, I say?

Reading the newest "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" that showed up in the mail.

Craving sugar cereal. Which is rare. Because I have this thing about adults eating cereal. I don't like it. For real. Cereal is for kids. As I was eating my semi-annual handful of it (for the sugar), I noticed I could lose a jeans size (in 2 weeks) if I just switched my diet to almost all Special K products. Umm...there's 7 grams of sugar in 3/4 of a cup of this stuff. 4 servings (which is only 3 cups and totally recommended on the side of the box) has more sugar than 1/4 cup of pancake syrup. Yeah. Sounds like a good plan. Just for fun, I looked at the bars (which are also recommended on this plan). 15 freakin' grams of sugar! So, basically a sugar diet. Because you can also eat fruit. Hmm...

Always having to fight the animals who hog up my spot in front of the space heater.

Wondering how it is all the socks my child owns have holes on the top. How does that happen?

Trying to remember when the last time it was I told her she shouldn't put her feet up on the counter. And then I remembered...she got that from me.