Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

That kind of day...







The English language is missing an adjective. If I knew where to start, I'd just make one up. But, I don't. So, I'll just say it was "That" kind of day.

Which is fairly vague...unless you've had one yourself. It wasn't bad (although I could have remembered that five letter word "grace" more often than I did and perhaps could have kept my mouth shut for more of it). It wasn't even all that remarkable (a thought suddenly making me feel a little guilty for living yet another remaining day in my life in a non-remarkable way...hmmm....) It was just a day.

The kind of day where I fed the kids McDonald's for dinner and didn't even care they were eating it(comprised of scary things) out of a paper bag. They wish I had more of these days. ;-)

The kind of day where I just wanted to come home and meddle around without any goal of productivity in mind.

And drink tea.

And listen to Jason Upton on repeat.

And fiddle with Christmas decorations in a non-rushed kind of way without any concern for the clutter I just keep moving from one spot to another to make room for them.

Maybe I'll worry about that on the weekend.

Or maybe I'll just keep drinking tea and listening to music.