Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, September 18, 2011

What feels like a ton of cooking.


All this rain and cool weather revived my basil. :-)

I was thinking I'd gotten a little lax with cooking, but then I thought about it and realized...not so much. While it's not "pretty" per se, food is still happening around here.

For the cross country "pre-meet carb load" dinner...baked ziti. A ton of it. Like 4 lbs of uncooked pasta...which makes a ridiculous amount of cooked.


For the actual meet, a sea of banana muffins. They are all different sizes as I had to use whatever muffin tins I have. I don't typically make a quadruple batch, so I don't have enough of the same size pans to accommodate that. They are topped with cinnamon and sugar. Because cinnamon and sugar is good on everything.


Polenta (they call this cheese grits in the south) stuffed red bells. This is possibly my #1 comfort food. Sometimes, I put mixed vegetables in the polenta...like now.


Butter chicken curry...remember that I've mentioned it's hard to make Indian food look attractive. Tastes good, though. We don't typically eat avocado with curry, but we have some that need to be eaten.


Swedish meatballs. Because curry is one of the few flavors my kids complain about and if I feed them something else, that means more curry for me. We are out of red potatoes, so they got rice.