Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gadgets

I'm not really a gadget kind of person in the kitchen. I have a couple of things I could not possibly live without-like my garlic press and a good knife. But, for the most part, any gadgets I do have, I forget I own until after I've already accomplished whatever it was I could have used a machine for.

I used to roll my own tortillas. It took forever and they weren't usually perfectly round. Not that I needed "round", just sayin'.

And then I realized I could buy a press for around $10. For real. $10. (For the record, tortillas cost $4 a package at Safeway now...WHICH IS RIDICULOUS...I could make a stack of tortillas as tall as me before I spent $4 and mine are much more delicious.)

When we cook together, it's Ryan's job to make the tortillas.