Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Who even knows what Labor Day is all about? I didn't. I had to look it up. Turns out it's just a day to honor those who go to work.

(Not surprisingly, I'm sure, I have some comments about this concept...but I will keep them to myself. Except for one. How ridiculous is it the idea of someone going to work is evidently novel enough of an idea that it requires celebration? So bizarre. But, it's a day off. So, whatever.)

(Embracing the fact there is a video. There is always a video. Here ya go.
Click here.)

You've seen this salad before. But, it's always so pretty, so you get to look at it again.

And, my summer cake. Irene wasn't too kind to my foliage and the pickings were slim. You might also note it wasn't as "sunshine-y" by the time I got done with the cake.


And then it got a lot less sunshine-y.


Still...fun was had by all...at Barb and Blaine's. (I'll save you from all the mushiness of me being blessed by these people today.)


There was enough food leftover for a couple of more cook-outs.


Finishing off the day with this.