Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, September 22, 2011

22

For one day, I am always 22. Today. Every year.

22 is young.

When I really was 22 (every day of the year), I used to wonder in the dark if ever a day would come when I didn't think about it all the time.

It eventually came. I don't think about it all the time. Just a lot of the time. Sixteen years later.

Time does not heal all wounds.


It is unfathomable this could go to this in a split second.


She was beautiful, but I didn't know it until it was too late.


Sometimes I wonder who I would have become if I had not known her.

I looked into my t.v. set
and saw the world outside.
A raindrop fell
My eye blinked twice.
my life went crashing by.
A smoky stream of thought
rolled off my cigarette.
My skin grew cold.
My eyes fogged up.
Inside my baby wept.
Reflections of my past
were painted on my face.
My hair fell out into my hands
and pain was all
my soul could taste.
-Josh Weter 9/95

(P.S. I totally stole the above pictures without giving credit. So, know, they aren't mine.)