Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, September 16, 2011

Fabric Friday!

The best thing about fall is cool weather fabrics. So much depth, so much texture, so much richness...


For my circa 1966 coat:

Italian Plum wool flannel lined with pistachio satin. On the way home from the fabric store, I remembered I bought this yummy, light pistachio yarn in Ocean City to make gloves. I forgot about that, hence only the beginning of that knitting.

When I signed up for Colette's Fall Palette Challenge, these were not the colors I had in mind. Not at all. But...one goes to the store and has to buy what there is. How do people choose their perfect colors and then go shopping later, anyway?

I don't have anything planned out and I'm already behind. But...hey....I work and have people to take care of.

I would like to make this coat and dress set, a blouse and a skirt. And maybe knit that pair of gloves for my poor, (raynaud's syndrome) suffering fingers. All of this is for work.

Maybe for winter challenge I'll choose something a little less uptight.