Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Facing Realities

I think it's sort of a Christian tradition to be sewing Easter dresses at the last minute and typically there is an all-nighter involved. I did plan ahead. The problem was my plan included a beautiful white linen that I only just discovered is destined to always be wrinkled no matter how much one irons it/steams it/starches it/etc...

So, at the last minute, I had to buy new fabric. My dress is the farthest from my mind's original picture than it could possibly be. It also turned out at least a size too big. I should have cut the 6...probably could have gotten away with the 4. I took it in a bunch in places I could take in a finished dress. I'm not totally happy with it and it looks way more girly than I was thinking it would look...

But, check out the facings. I love the shapes of the Colette Pattern pieces. Typically, I can't stand facings and will just line something to avoid them. But, these facings are so pretty. If I look at them long enough, I kind of forget I'm not so happy with the whole dress.


The next dress will be better. Pictures of this dress tomorrow.