Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We still gotta eat.

I feel like I've been glued to homework for days.  In reality, it's only been about 48 hours on and off (mostly on).  Just a few more days and I'll be free of learning.  Hopefully.

Ryan went off his juice fast, which means I'm back to thinking I should prepare meals again.  When I was pondering the whole dinner event earlier (and the amount of time I didn't want to devote to it), my girl E reminded me of something quick and simple...grilled tofu with vegetables. 


It's easy.  Make a marinade with a little olive oil, fresh pressed garlic, lemon juice and whatever herbs you have growing.  I used rosemary, tarragon, basil and thyme.  Cube up a block of tofu.  You can press it if you want.  I didn't.  Coat the tofu with the marinade.  Chop up a bunch of vegetables...whatever you have...and throw them in the bowl.  GENTLY stir it all up so marinade is on all.  You can cook it right away, I suppose, but I kind of walked off and left it for a few hours.


I use my cheater grill.  It's one of those contraptions you just plug into the wall in the kitchen.  In my defense, I was going to buy Ryan a new grill for outside on Father's Day, because something is wrong with the one we have.  But he said "WHAT?  WHY?  We don't eat meat."  He had a point. 

Oh, I grill on foil.  Because I'm not washing that thing.

Remember quick and simple?  It's more like "simple".  You can't just grill all of that at once.  I think I had to split it up in 4 batches on the grill which meant I was just standing around doing nothing while all that was happening.

Oh.  I did try to cut up a mango.  Was going to cut up 3 of them and call them "dessert".  But...if there's one thing I suck at it's cutting up mangos (mangoes?).  After the first one, which turned out horribly by the way, I gave up and resumed standing around doing nothing.

And then I remembered hummus.  We didn't have any.  Well, we do now...because I made some while I was standing around doing nothing.  If you are going to be making hummus, you might just as well double it up so you can make a little "hummus delivery" to someone you know who likes it.



And now I should get back to homework.  I wonder if they even read all that stuff.  Perhaps I'll turn in a paper written in the style I write here...all grammatically incorrect with sentence fragments and whatnot...just to see.  Or, maybe not.