Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Squash Fest


Here is how it goes at my house: If you are over the age of 18 and try to do something you would like to be distraction-free, that's probably not going to happen.  And when you get up to to take care of whatever the distraction (in today's case, distractions) is (kids, door, phone, could be anything or all of those within an hour's period...just sayin'), it's likely an animal of some sort will have taken over your spot when you get back.  Presumptuous cat.


Vegan zucchini bread.  To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of zucchini bread.  Probably because everyone had it at their houses when I was a kid (as a result of people not understanding zucchini will take over if you let them?)and...blah.  Evidently, I've never made it.  Who knew?  Alicia didn't know what it was.  Poor kid has been deprived.  I find it semi-disturbing bits of zucchini are identifiable in the finished product.  Is it supposed to be like that? 

Nonetheless, one loaf is already gone.  It was flavorful and had a good crumb.  I won't let them eat the other one until I see what it's like when cooled.  I'm not all that confident at vegan baking yet and never know what it's going to be like when done.

  I used one large-ish zucchini...so 10 points for me.


Dinner= Sesame noodle bowls with tofu and roasted summer squash in a peanut sauce.  I get 10 points for figuring out how to use yet another squash and a bonus 50 because the kids ate it.