Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sneak Peek

One of my plans for this week was to redecorate Alicia's room while she's gone.  I bought some stuff and that's about as far as it went.

Umm...she comes home in 2 days.  She does not know I'm in there, which means I need to do it before she gets back.

The biggest part of the project is building an armoire.  I built one for Jac a couple of years back and never got around to hers.  Hmm...she didn't forget.  I haven't even bought the wood for it yet.  Maybe tomorrow.

She did clean in there before she left.  I've already taken the curtains down, but this is pretty much how she left it:




It's not all that exciting in there.  She has gotten rid of a lot of her "kid" stuff and now it looks kind of bare.

This is the stuff I bought.  She wants a Paris themed room, but I can't bring myself to go whole hog on that.  Because everyone is doing that right now and blah. 

I was going to paint, but changed my mind on that for now.  Too many other things happening in there.  Tomorrow is building, sewing, painting furniture, cleaning, etc...


I'm obviously not a decorator and pretty much just rely on what I like.  Just mess around with colors and whatnot until I find it visually appealing.

I find this grouping visually appealing.  Not sure how she'll feel about having pictures of herself in her own room, but I like it.  I guess if she doesn't, we can just pick some others and have them made into black/white prints.  It doesn't cost hardly anything to have that done...which is a good thing, because I ordered a bunch more for another grouping.  All of her. :-)