Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fake Meat

Soo...I'm not really into fake meat.  Because it's weird.  The whole concept, actually. 

But, I was thinking I should branch out of the box a little bit and try some stuff I wouldn't ordinarily buy.

The first was tempeh.  To be honest, I don't like the way it looks and that one factor has kept me from it all the way up until now.  As it turns out, it's o.k.-ish.  Ryan liked it.  Jac and his friend liked it (on white bread buns with fake mayo...blech).  I wasn't crazy about the final result, but will also admit I didn't put any real effort into trying to make it fabulous.  What I was really trying to do was hurry and cook something so I could get on with my life.  I can sort of see it being better with pita, red onions and tzatziki sauce...maybe something like this

_________________________________________________________________________________




The second choice turned out really well and I suspect will become a regular feature around here.  It was sauteed cabbage and apples with a vegan apple and sage sausage.  Everyone loved it.

The recipe was given to me by a friend and I looked everywhere online to find a link to it.  That was a no-go.  If you are interested, you will have to e-mail me and I can send you the PDF.