Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, July 6, 2012

Le Potager

I have been very neglectful of the garden.  First, my back was hurt and everything went in late.  And then I was busy and pretended it didn't exist.  Tomorrow...next week...I'll get to it at some point.  I went out there last night and waded through the weeds to see if anything was still alive.  There was food out there. 

Which motivated me to get up this morning with the purpose of clearing out the weeds so I could see what was there.







It appears I am going to be overrun by squash and cucumbers.  I planted several kinds of heirloom tomatoes and then forgot what was what.  Now that they are forming, I can see what they are.  Pole beans are coming up nicely.  The rhubarb is huge.  The herb garden overfloweth.  The eggplants have blossoms.  I've never grown eggplant (and probably don't even like it), so not quite sure what to expect with that.  It seems I forgot to plant peppers.  I think there's a jalapeno or two in there somewhere, but I forgot the bells.  Maybe I can find some plants tomorrow.  I've got space for them.

It's got a ways to go to look like I want it to look, but this is the best looking garden I've had in a few years. (Because I'm pretty good at losing interest in it every year.)



I have this strange peach tree that has only made peaches once.  Every year, it makes a million little green ones and then they all fall off.  This year...I don't know what is going on other than there are peaches.  Some of them are diseased, because I suspect my tree is diseased, but we have peaches.  So weird. 

The kids like to play stick ball with the bad ones.

One random picture of Luna Bleu...because she's so crazy and compliant with me messing with her.