Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yard Work


Everything is green!  I love spring.  Just love it.  Even if it does take hours and hours to get my yard back together (i.e...The yard refuse collection people are probably going to put a curse on me when they come by on Tuesday.).  When we bought this house, it was for the yard.  The yard looks nothing like it used to look (Because she had a gardener and we don't?), but it's mine.  There weren't any gardens when we moved in.  Now, they are all over the place.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  But yeah....they take hours of my time.

See that playground?  I built in when Alicia was a baby.  One of my summer projects is going to be taking it down.  It's old.  I didn't maintain it all that well.  While it's still mostly safe, the kids are too old for it.  For the most part.  I might leave a piece of it for another year or so.  Jac and  his friends still hang out there from time to time.  It's kind of sad to think of it gone.  Pretty sure it's the first thing I ever built.

That red maple in the foreground came from a seed I picked off a tree across the street.  It's finally coming into its own.  :-)

Clearly, lacrosse and archery have taken over the back.  For a season.

In the front, if you look closely, there is a very tacky gnome.  I'm not really into yard art, but Jac gave me that thing for Valentine's Day and planted it front row/center as soon as spring hit.  As soon as I find a "special spot" for him in the backyard, negotiation will begin. :-)


Totally unrelated, but I took a picture of my couponing haul today.  I don't have the patience to get good at it like those extreme couponing people.  Nor do I have the time.  They treat it like a job.  I already have a job.  Still...$120 worth of stuff for free.  I actually made money if you consider the fact they gave me almost $30 in bonus bucks for my next trip.  At any rate....proud moment, lol.