Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

15 minutes on a Tuesday afternoon.

Sometimes, my life happens in 15 minute segments from the time I get off work until dinner when I sort of lose focus.  It works for me.  I get a lot done.  Well, until Ryan comes home and then all bets are off.  Mostly, because I never moved that tv out of the living room after our Super Bowl party and we are going through a phase of pretending it's 20 years ago when families all gathered around the tv every night.  Well...maybe we are not pretending.  For some reason, that's working for us right now. :-)


15 minutes here and there of reading this book for school.  It's easy to read and picking up/leaving off is not a huge deal.  The other book?  Ha.  Tiny print, no pictures, big words, not all that exciting...I read it before I go to bed.  When I'm trying to get sleepy.

 
Homework supervisor...thankfully for only 15 minutes.  It's a LONG 15 minutes.
 





Messing around in the garden in between whatever else is happening.  Have you ever seen such a mess?  I'm just now getting out there and trying to clean it up.  I made big progress today.  I guess it's amazing what one can get done in a couple of 15 minute stints?  I don't have much growing out there right now.  Sugar snap peas, rhubarb, a few herbs...that's about it.  I've got heirloom tomatoes, peppers, basil, fennel and rainbow chard ready to go out.  If it ever gets reliably warm enough.




I spent 15 minutes sidetracked in my yard.  I love spring.  I love flowers.  I love beautiful things in nature.


15 minute drive to the next town over to drop off one kid and then 15 minutes back to pick up the other one.  Sort of a daily event.


I'm pretty convinced I love the grocery store.  Otherwise, why would I be there every single day?  I found my partner in crime, Lorelei, in there.  Normally, would have killed off 15 minutes talking to her, but my garden was calling.


Bought flowers at the store.  So, now I have 1 planter that has flowers, lol.  Kind of pathetic, but whatever.  I'll get to it.  Or not.


Dinner.  15 minutes to prep for marinade and then 15 minutes to grill on my indoor cheater grill.  Chicken, pineapple, onions and red bell with a soy/ginger/pineapple juice marinade.  At this point, I feel the need to announce that for the first time in over a year, there isn't anyone here eating strictly vegan.  Which means I'm no longer cooking 2 different dinners every night.  I guess you could call us "vegan-ish", now.  Or something.  It depends on the day/week.  We might go back to it.  We might not.  Who knows?