Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, April 11, 2013

That Game

It's called "Rose and Thorn".  Basically, you share at the end of the day the "good" thing and the "bad" thing that happened.  I play it with my girls on Thursday nights.  But, we didn't meet tonight.  Because of my thorn.

Today has 2 "roses":

1. Check out these standings.  Go Damascus girls!  That's nationally, folks.  I see they just fell to 4th from 3rd (The rankings will probably keep shifting as other teams have games), but still...proud moment. :-)

2.  My professor provides feedback on Thursdays.  I haven't done my homework, because I was nervous about what he was going to say about my research question (Truthfully?  It only vaguely makes sense to me and it's my question.) and I figured there wasn't any point in doing a full article analysis if he rejected the question.  Aside from me being scared of my own question, I'm all psyched up again that I can do this.  :-)

Wow! This is a powerful research question. You are demonstrating high-level analytical development vital to excellence in educational leadership. This is the type of critical thinking we are looking for when dealing with learning theories. I appreciate how you focused the research question so that your research will ultimately help students. You are on the front lines when it comes to developing better ways to help students learn. Combining the theories you selected will create a powerful theoretical framework.

The thorn:

My back...my aching, freakin' back.  I'm so over it.  I keep trying to "consider it all joy" and I've no doubt everything works together for good (and good things have come from this), but...blah...if it was my leg I would have just cut it off already and moved on.