Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, April 20, 2013

Itch


I'm pretty sure I would frustrate/annoy myself if I wasn't me.  Does that make sense?  There really isn't anyone like me (that I'm aware of...How could there be?), but if there was and I had to deal with them on a regular basis...yeah...it would get to me.  This guy at work always says "You know you are hyper, right?"  I see what he's saying, but "hyper" isn't the right word.  "Hyper" insinuates (to me) behaviorally out of control in a loud and boisterous way.  I'm not like that most of the time.  A better word would probably be "distractable."  I have no problems with that word.  It's true.  I admit it.

For example, I need to write two papers, a lesson plan and then a bibliography and outline (using research I have yet to do) for a final paper this weekend.  I also need to wash my sticky, kitchen floor (among other things).  Jac has a lacrosse game, we have a family portrait sitting today, I told my friend I'd go to her jewelry party this afternoon, church and youth group tomorrow,  I'm planting my garden this weekend....it's already a fully-scheduled two days.

I made my plan of attack and was good with it for a whole ten minutes (Nine of which were spent sorting out all the laundry I need to wash and the final minute was spent with my stray eye spotting a piece of fabric I bought a year or two ago.) before it changed.

Sewing, for me, is like that itch that occurs when you can't scratch it.  You know...like when you are kneading bread and your face gets an itch?  Sigh...I've learned it's better to just stop and scratch.

And, now, I'm all better.  :-)

Colette's Sorbetto.  The best free pattern out there.  I can make it in an hour, it's the perfect top for hot days and is as easy to wear as a t-shirt (except it looks way less sloppy).  It goes with jeans and looks nice with a skirt (I'm going to pair it with a black, scalloped hem skirt I've yet to make.).  I need more of them.

Now...on with the paper writing. :-)