Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Fall, Y'all?


Fall started last week.  I am aware.  ;-)  I'm just now getting to it.  Because that's how I roll.

Lazy day...but at least I cooked dinner?  Kale salad and baked sweet potatoes.  Truthfully, I don't like kale.  But, Ryan loves it.  I decided to try this salad.  Turns out, I can eat kale this way.  This salad is awesome.  For kale.   I left out the goji berries.  Because, while we have some and I kind of like them, I have to draw the line somewhere regarding weird things in my salad.  Oh, and the hemp seeds.  We don't have any.  I added celery.  Because I must have been out of my mind last time I bought it.  Who buys a dozen celeries at a time anyway?  Umm...me.  Evidently.  I think I was going to juice it or something.


At this point, I feel the need to enter into the real world.  The world where my kids are pretty sure I'm trying to poison them.  On. A. Daily. Basis.  They are loudly pretty sure.  "Kale salad again???"  Because, you know...I'm always making kale salad.  Not.  Remember...I don't even like kale. 

Pretty sure my grandma thinks I'm trying to poison them, too.

At any rate, I tricked them into tasting the kale with strategic placement of pasta and chicken.  With sauce.  Vegan, organic sauce.  But, I didn't tell them that.  Because then I would have had to hear "Vegan?  Again?  Organic?  Why can't you just be normal?"

Sigh...I've never been normal.  Why is this still a question?