Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, August 13, 2012

The Last Monday of Summer


Trying so hard to hold onto summer...but it's slipping away anyway.  Next Monday I have to go back to work.  Trying not to think about that, but it's not working.  I don't want to go back to work.  This summer has been unlike any others and I just want to stay in it forever.  Sigh...maybe tomorrow I'll be able to come to grips with reality.

Made a list of stuff that needs to get done.  Mostly, because while I had some ideas of what was going to happen this summer, I can't remember what they were.  My own plans...evidently they were not so important.

I did put that couch on my list.  Remember the couch? I haven't touched it since before school let out.  Pretty sure everyone is just assuming I'm never going to get it done.  I'm going to get it done.  This week.

Soup for dinner.  Ryan requested black bean soup (like Whole Foods makes), but we only have canned black beans.  We have some dried limas I was going to cook, but I frittered away the day lamenting the end of summer and then it was too late.  I decided on white bean and tomato soup.  But, after I had committed, I discovered we only had 1 can of white beans.  So...yeah.  Soup.  Bean (white and pinto) with tomatoes, quinoa, carrots and a couple of handfuls of herbs from the garden.  I topped it with broken pita chips (because there always seems to be so many leftover at the bottom of the bag).

Alicia- "This soup is so good.  (As she was on her second bowl.)  Wait.  This is vegan?  Ewww...."

This is typical.

Ryan- "You made this from scratch?  (?????  Umm...of course?)  I mean, I always like your soup, but this one tastes really good."

Jac just ate his and didn't say anything...except that the quinoa reminded him a little bit of chicken food.

They are so weird.  But, I'm slowly turning them into foodies.