Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Favorite Dinner




I think I could eat this every night for the rest of my life.  Ryan said "I'm going to take a short break." and then five minutes later he was back for the next plate. 

He has been brainwashed to believe potatoes are bad for you, though, and suggested sweet potatoes next time.  (Sweet potatoes would be really bad in this dish, I think.)  Which led to a giant discussion on the merits of potatoes.  Nobody will ever be able to convince me they aren't good in their natural form.

The tian is pretty much a copy of this.  Basically, roasted tomatoes, red potatoes and zucchini on a bed of caramelized onions and garlic with thyme.  I'm imagining it with some crusty bread with a white bean and rosemary spread...which means that's probably what we'll be eating sometime later this week.

The asparagus was not planned, but Alicia was all "Oh...look...tiny asparagus...I love tiny asparagus."  Who am I to deny my child asparagus (or the hot dogs that somehow ended up in my cart)?