Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Closing in on the End of an Era




Ten years ago, I sent the first one off to kindergarten. In a few months, the last one will be done with elementary. The school is not in our neighborhood (or even our town...it's 30-45 minutes away). Once he's done, we will not have any affiliation there. The thought of that is so weird. And sort of sad.

Tonight was the last winter concert we'll ever go to there. Granted, it's the same concert every year, but this one was the last. I made fun of someone (don't worry...all in good fun...t'was a friend) shedding tears at this juncture last year. But, I guess I get it now.

The things I don't want to forget...(The music doesn't make the list...it's always a trainwreck. A gazillion kids and one lone teacher...organized-ish chaos.) It's the little boy who won't be for that much longer. Chapped lips, dirty fingernails (hopefully, we'll make progress in this area soon), sneaking in with sneakers and white socks instead of the shoes and black socks I bought, the semi-disheveled look of someone who insists he doesn't need a haircut outfitted in the performance, gold collar (the kind that never hangs straight on anyone), it's these I must remember.

It's unfortunate the lighting is always so funky in there I can never get the pictures I want; hopefully these will be enough.