Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, July 30, 2011

Recipe

Truth #1. I love good food.

I could go on and on, but what more is there to say?

I love it even more when everyone else loves what I consider good food. If it's other peoples' kids (as was the case tonight) who are asking for more? Sigh...I just love it.


Rainbow Fettucini with Zucchini and Basil Alfredo Sauce, Spicy, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Zucchini (because they are plentiful right now) and Heirloom Tomatoes (but I don't know which kind...my kids picked them and brought them in)

Total Prep. Time? About 30 minutes from walking into the kitchen to plating it up. Easy/Peasy.

Zucchini and Basil Alfredo Sauce

Enough Olive Oil to Saute an Onion and Garlic
1 Vidalia Onion
3-5 Cloves of Garlic (I used 5)
1/2-3/4 Cups of Chopped, Fresh Basil
5-6 Cups of Shredded Zucchini
3/4 Cup of Milk
1 Block of Cream Cheese
A Couple of Dashes of Tobasco Sauce
Salt and Pepper

Heat the oil and saute onion and pressed garlic until onions are tender. Add the basil and zucchini. Saute until most of the liquid is reduced; 10 minutes or so. Add the milk and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy and bubbly. I added a little more milk to make it a bit more saucy. Add Tobasco Sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.