Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

'Round the Garden

 
Every year, in regards to the garden,  I say "This is the year." Is it strange when the kids were small I had a HUGE garden and now that they are big I can't seem to even get a small one together?  Seems backwards to me.  In my defense (this year), the weather has been strange.  It's either too cold or too hot or pouring down rain.  My goal: Get the thing planted by the end of the week.  Because if I don't, what would be the point?  It's getting late.
 

My exact words: "Hold this so I can take a picture of it."  And then I said "Now put it down.  It might be poisonous."


The rabbits and I are fighting over the beans.  The other half was going to be a second planting of beans, but I had these other plants that needed to go in the ground and, well...I put them in the ground.  Heirloom tomatoes from East Rivendell Farm, a couple of random peppers and purple basil.


Brussel's Sprouts with my favorite, phallic gnome hiding in the background.


lemon thyme, nasturtiums and a wayward rosemary bush


Umm...not in my garden.  I only get the live version...in herds.  The Izaak Walton League has it hanging on the wall with some others.  You ever wonder why men like to sit around and look at dead animals on the wall while they do whatever men do?  Hmm...  It's kind of creepy.

Just to be clear, I wasn't there to do "man things", per se.  The boy was getting a couple of promotions and mothers are supposed to attend those things.

Is it worth mentioning I might have decided to become a merit badge counselor?  That's another "Hmm..."  Take the "might have" out of that sentence.

Sometimes I do weird things.