Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, June 14, 2013

Last Day of School


Here's the interesting thing about kids: They don't outgrow childhood traditions.  Case in point...I forgot about the habit we have of going for ice cream on the last day of school.  They didn't. 

At any rate...11th grade and 7th grade.  It occurred to me halfway through the ice cream there is only one more year left of this, because the following year she'll have graduated.  Sigh...I guess that's supposed to be a happy face, right?  I'm just thinking "Junior" and wondering how that can be already.

My prediction is he'll be taller than she by fall.


What kind of sick individual orders a new planner before the current year is even finished? 

Truth be told, I'm not the kind of teacher who uses a planner. I thought I'd branch out and give it a try.

I keep comparing now to seven years ago.  Seven years ago, right about now, I was wondering if I was still alive.  Now?  Just thinking about next year while I have grateful thoughts about the break that is almost here.