Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, December 21, 2013

Where have I been?

Metaphorically speaking...

I have this terry cloth robe Ryan bought me for Christmas a long time ago.  That thing is heavy.  Sometimes, when I wash it, all is well.  Other times, its weight makes the whole machine go off balance and, no matter how many times I try to redistribute the weight, it's a no-go.  The reality is you just can't run a washing machine that's off balance.  Unless you are cool with the loud, going to bring the whole house down racket that has the potential to cause significant damage.  Sometimes, I just have to take the robe out, let the remainder of the load finish and restart the robe again.

Life, for me, is sometimes like that.  I tend to ride the line of precarious balance.  It's who I am.  Sometimes, that balance gets off.  Sometimes a minor adjustment will fix it and other times its a domino effect until all balance is off.  In a big way.

Imbalance happened. 

The only weapon against it was to remove the robe until the rest finished.

School is out until January.  My classes just finished.  Pause is happening.

Balance will restore.