Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Most Random Roadtrip Ever

Yesterday, actually.
 
We were supposed to be going to look at a cave.  We did go look at a cave.  It turned out to be the most commercialized cave I've ever been to.  Now, I suppose you might be thinking "Exactly how many caves does she expect us to believe she has been to?".  The answer would be "many".  This is the second or third just this year.  I really don't know what that's all about.  I just keep seeming to find myself looking at caves.
 
What I can say for this place is it is the most random tourist attraction I've probably ever been to.  I suppose it's supposed to be all about the cave, but said cave takes second stage to a couple of unrelated museums.  The first, a collection of old, mechanical storefront displays (which are actually really cool and are within grasp of vague memory for me-but not my kids) and the second is an assortment of old floats from various parades. 
 
 
Who cares?  It was a good day out?
 


Who would smoke in a cave?  Why would anyone even think that could possibly be a good idea?


Obligatory posed picture.  Not the greatest in the world, but we were in a cave.  I realized on this tour there were so many people taking so many pictures, it is possible half of them didn't actually see any of the cave unless it was through a screen.  So bizarre.  Well, maybe not.  It's kind of the way technology has led us.




There was (maybe still is) this store "O'Hara Hardware" in the town near where I grew up.  Every year, they used to set up a mechanical display.  I had sort of forgotten about it.  Well, I didn't forget, I just couldn't exactly remember it other than I knew there were figures that moved.  These elves jogged my memory.  They are close.
 

I don't know.  An Inaugural Parade flag and a rare moment my kids were within near vicinity of each other and neither were annoyed?


Rose Bowl Swan.  I have to say the Rose Bowl floats have always interested me. 

 

Just a random statue.  No sign or anything to describe any reason for its placement.



Jac's idea of a good souvenir.