Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, November 9, 2013

Santa's Workshop

I saw a project I must make for Jac for Christmas.  He's told old for it, but I'm making it anyway.  I'm not going to say what it is other than to say it's not exactly realistic I can get it done in time.  Still...if you know me, you know I'm not going to be talked out of anything.

I'm trying to make it with things I already have.  The project requires a large number of different colored fabrics.  I almost scrapped the whole thing (because I've given away most of my fabric which limits projects such as this), but then I remembered I have a few yards of white PRR twill.  (PRR?  My sewing friends know what I'm talking about.  For the rest of you...nevermind all of that.)  I have dye.  I think I can do this.

I have not dyed fabric in FOREVER.  I forgot what a mess it is.  I'm also out of practice with figuring out what to mix to get the right colors.  Whatever. 

Basically, this whole thing is one huge experiment.



The first batch.  I've got black and another blue in the works.  Next weekend, I'll dye batch #2.

 
 
Santa multitasks around here.