Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, October 6, 2013

Divide and Conquer

 
It was one of those "divide and conquer" weekends.  What that means is 2 parents + 2 kids = 1 parent takes 1 kid while the other parent takes the other.
 
 
Ryan took Jac kayaking.  Because it's cool to capsize your friends all day long, he didn't take the camera.  So...there is only my half of the weekend.  Minus the nap and the homework and the couple of hours I wasted in front of the murder channel.
 


I spent all of Saturday in the yard.  Well...in between driving Alicia to work and picking her up again.  Girlie needs to get a job closer to home.  Weeding.   Yay?  Ahh...you have no idea.  It was gorgeous outside this weekend.  Who even cares if I had to deal with weeds while I was out there?


And then I remembered this is the weekend I say "Oh yeah...I was supposed to be making Christmas gifts this year."  Ahem.  So...might as well start a knitting project?  I didn't have needles big enough for what I wanted.  So, I cut a dowel in half, sharpened it in the pencil sharpener, sanded it down and made little sculpey balls for the ends.  They work well enough.  And were free.  Because I made us go on a budget.

 

Had to chaperone the Homecoming Dance at my school.  Ryan, when he saw this picture, was all "I can't tell what you are thinking."  Umm...I was on my way to a high school dance.  A 4 hour dance.  What do you think I was thinking?  :-)


While she was taking pictures, Alicia said "Hey.  Let me get one in your natural state."  So, I rolled my eyes.  I kind of do that a lot.  Because, people are ridiculous.  Always.


Lacrosse an hour away from home ought to be illegal on Sunday mornings right when the sun is coming up.  For real.  It's even more fun when it's so foggy the spectators can't see the ball.  The beautiful thing about lacrosse is timing is not a surprise.  1 hour.  Pip and I survived.