Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Revelation

I love it when I get a good idea.  I actually thought it was my idea when it came to me in the middle of the night.  Was crazy excited about it until I went on the internet this morning and discovered I've evidently been living under a rock.  Wait.  Still excited.  Because that means there is a ton of inspiration out there.  It seems to be all the rage these days (if you live in Pinterest-land) to do a "once a week" sort of thing on Sunday, store all the meal options up in jars (either individual serve or family size) and then just pull out what you need whenever you want it.

Here's what I like about the idea:

1.  Thinking about having to make breakfasts and lunches everyday fall in that same category as thinking about poking my eyes out with a stick.  Doing it all on a Sunday is far more favorable.

2.  I have this giant cupboard devoted to 5 million pieces of plasticware.  The only guarantee in there is that whatever container you choose, finding  the lid for it isn't going to happen.  Oh.  It's also all going to jump out at you whenever you open the door.  Gonna get rid of all of that and put my jars in nice little lines.  All the lids are the same.  I already own all the jars I'll ever need.

3.  The food is far more appealing when you can just take out a salad and eat it vs. knowing you are going to have to drag out 5 million items, chop them up, etc...  I'm thinking there will be far less waste this way.  (We seem to forget we have produce and a lot goes to waste.)  And, my kids are into convenient food and this method will hopefully encourage them to reach for fresh fruits and veggies instead of a peanut butter sandwich or bowl of cereal.  They eat too much of both.

I'm going to be bummed if this solution doesn't live up to what I've made it in my mind.



 Cucumbers, sweet peppers, sugar snap peas, red onion, celery, spinach and quinoa.  Dressing from a jar.  Next time I'll just make it...being lazy tonight.

30 minutes and breakfast/lunch is done.  For the rest of the week.  :-)  I like.