Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, September 15, 2012

My First Game





1.  Let us not talk about the score.  The only thing I'm going to say about that is the words to most of our cheers seem wildly inappropriate in some situations.  We did them anyway.  I assume that's what cheerleaders are supposed to do?  Hmm...I told them when I took this I didn't know anything about cheerleading.

2.  I realized one of my primary duties is to keep them continually informed whether we are offense or defense.  While I don't know a thing about cheerleading, I do know about football.  Spent most of the game trying to explain how the game is played.  Now, I must say, that while the defense/offense thing seems like it should be an obvious thing, it isn't.  Because I'm down on the track, I'm short, all the benchwarmers create a line that blocks the view and JV football is absolutely frustrating to me in that they seem to just stay most of the game at mid-field which makes it difficult for me to keep track of what's happening as a result of everyone always being in the same place. 

I'm guessing it's probably really hard to be a cheerleader if you don't understand the game or how the cheers line up to what is going on in the game.  At one point I said "Don't we have a sack that quarterback cheer?" They said "We can do that one right now?"  "Umm...yeah."  So cute.  What has happened to me?  I promise there was a "me" at some point that would not have found anything but disgust with that question.

3.  I had fun. :-)