Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 17, 2013

OC 2013.1

Here's the deal:  I didn't take a million pictures.  Because they look the same to me year after year.  Because we do the same things: cook and feed people, sort out/store/distribute food from the food bank, build a sand sculpture, do outreach, go to service, eat, eat, eat some more...  Just go back to the previous two Augusts and look at those pictures and that was our week, this week.

So, just a few shots for my grandma to look at:



True Story:  I don't really like the beach.  I don't like the way it smells and I don't like sand.  The only time I'll really go out there is early in the morning or late at night.  I was hoping to see the sun rise on this morning, but it was too cloudy.


Alicia and Selena.  Selena reminds me very much of one of my best friends.





The best part of these trips are the people we are with.  Each year brings a new person or two I get the privilege of knowing.  The kind of knowing that comes from a week of living together in a small apartment; eating, working, playing, worshiping...  There are not enough words to describe the value I find in such things.