Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Growing stuff...


1st day of 11th grade and clearly not wanting to be photographed.  Back in the day, I'd have a zillion shots to choose from.  Now?  Just one.  If I'm lucky.  It hit me this morning, when I was writing the check for school pictures, this is the last year of school pictures for her.  Hmmm....:-(


 
On his way to 7th grade...at some point boys figure out that stripes and plaid do not go together, right?  I went to work when he went to K, so I've never been home for the first day of school pictures and whatnot.  When he was young, and I cared about such things, I'd ask Ryan "Did you look at him before he left the house?"  Yeah...don't care anymore.  Even if it's stripes and plaid together and I know half the parents at drop-off probably felt sorry for him for not having a mother who made it her business to halt such fashion atrocities.
 ___________________________________________________________

Remember that hydroponic garden?  It grew.  We have a full crop of basil and petunias growing in the basement.  And that purple plant I don't know the name of.

Hmm...he's got the same shirt on.  See note above.


This crazy (not hot like it's supposed to be) August has not been good for ripening tomatoes.  Suddenly, we've had a couple of warm days and are back in business.




If we could live on peppers, we'd be set.  It's the only thing other than the peas I got a bumper crop of.
Getting ready to plant the fall/winter garden.  Maybe, I'll have better luck with that.