Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

I'm still on the wagon.  :-)
 

Grilled, rosemary/olive oil pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and a spinach salad with oranges, beets, walnuts dressed with an orange/balsamic/honey reduction.

 

The story is we were supposed to be having black bean/pumpkin enchiladas.  I was going to make tortillas, but then didn't feel like it.  We had red bells, so why not just stuff them?  I asked Ryan "Should I cook the peppers?"  He was all "Lemme get this straight.  You are going to stuff beans and pumpkin into a pepper and you are asking me if I want it cooked?" Me: "Well...yeah.  I'm going to put them on a bed of kale."  Him: "Oh...well....a bed of kale you say?" 

Why does he sometimes question these things?  It was delicious.  It wasn't just beans and pumpkin.  There was garlic and onions and cumin and probably some other stuff. 


Chicken/apple sausage with a baked sweet potato and a "I need to clean out the fridge" salad with vidalia onion dressing.


White bean and cabbage soup with garden tomatoes.



"Breakfast for Dinner Friday"= whole wheat, blueberry pancakes with some bacon I found in the freezer.

Two dinners are missing.  Tuna casserole (It didn't look all that appetizing in the picture I took.) and ravioli (I wasn't here when that came out of the oven.).

If you are following along with my challenge of only spending $100. per week on food, after two weeks I'm $9.32 over.  I was ahead, but then I went and bought a few packages of local meat at my friend's shop and well...I'll catch back up next week. 

That goal of making lunches for everyone?  Total fail.  I mean, we had food and they ate lunches, I just couldn't get myself together enough at 5 in the morning to prepare them.  Will try again next week.