Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Autumn

There's no school today which meant lots of this:

And a whole lot of this:


So I went out to my garden.  I should go out there more.

My garden...it's a mess.


There comes in point in late summer where I just go into denial about the whole thing.  For a time, I don't acknowledge what was once green and lush and fruit bearing is on the rapid path to no longer being so.

Whenever I go out into my garden, I always seem to come back with some analogy for life.  Today was no exception.

...I'll acknowledge I am no longer in denial.  No longer trying to fight what is to be from happening.  I've known for awhile something big was going to change.  While I had no idea what it was and made many predictions, it was better I did not know. 

Is it strange some plants lose their foliage before their fruit?  So deceiving.  That fruit will not ripen.  Only wither once the cold hits it.

 
It's always difficult for me to pull out plants that still seem to be bearing fruit.  Even though I know those plants are dead.


The consolation prize is a bare space to plant something new.

 

 
Did y'all know mint flowers?  I had no idea.  I know this plant was here last year.   I guess I missed its flowering the first time around.  I discovered it today after pulling the weeds.