Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, February 8, 2014

Reboot

Collard, Kale, cucumber, lemon, apple, celery

Day #1 (for me, it's #2 for Ryan)

1.  We are opposites in every way.  He actually enjoys this.  He looks forward to it.  Me, I only look forward to the idea of it.  The actual doing it is a whole other story.  Regardless, it needs to be done.  For a variety of reasons.

2.  If you come near him, he will try to convert you.  He will tell you how great it tastes.  He'll be convincing.  Convincing enough you will take a taste.

3.  Whatever you are imagining the above might taste like, you are probably correct.  I just announced I might have to cut it with some water.  He just announced he was ready for a second glass.  Opposites, I tell you.

4.  I've done this before.  It's been a long time, though.  Also, I didn't do it right.  I'm just not that adventurous with juicing and stick to a handful of ingredients.  I put him in charge of the juice this time.  That's significant for me.  For a variety of reasons.  I did stipulate "no leeks or jalapenos".

5.  I will try and force myself to love (or at least be somewhere near like) coconut water. 

6.  I will feel really awesome in approximately 6 days.  And I'll have more energy than I know what to do with.  And I'll sleep like a baby and wake up clear and alert.  Maybe, my back will even stop hurting.  All of that is worth the pain of collard green juice.  (Ryan tells me I will grow to love it.  Maybe that will happen, too.)