Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

61 Days of Summer- #15

This was not a project I was planning on doing.  I painted my room which, naturally, meant she had to paint hers.  She liked the color of my walls, but after she painted over a very nice and in good shape teal color, she didn't like it.  She also got paint all over the place, which I didn't realize until today when I started moving around furniture.  Ahem.  What that means is she'll have something to do when she gets back from camp...figure out how to get that paint off my floors.

What you should know is I pretty much have two kinds of furniture in my house.  I either found it by the road or I built it.  She's annoyed by that.  Normal people don't get their furniture off the side of the road.  Or, so she has told me.  The building of it?  Why can't I just be like other peoples' mothers? 

She's been living with me her whole life.  For real.  It's not like I suddenly stopped being normal.

I painted all day.  It started with the trim and trying to fix what she had done (not done with that, yet).  She had this old, wooden desk (I found on the road.) she hates.  I decided if I gave it a bajillion coats of paint, it might look better.  It does.  I used knobs, because I was being cheap and they were half the price of handles.


These other two I built.  I didn't do anything with the bookcase other than move it.  The armoire was in Jac's room and was blue.  Jac and I have a bet to see how long it takes her to realize I just took it out of his room and didn't build a whole new one.  I'm fairly annoyed they aren't exactly the same height, but I didn't plan on them ever being in the same room and I didn't even build them in the same year...so, that's how it goes.

No cleaning tomorrow.